BY Advocate.com Editors
February 11 2010 8:40 PM ET
Peace and Love by Juliana Hatfield. For anyone who grew up in the '90s, it's hard not to have a soft spot for Juliana. She was quiet and pretty and thoughtful, i.e., the melancholy romance of her single "Spin the Bottle" and her guest appearance on My So-Called Life. Well, Hatfield is still making music (she's only in her early 40s); singing about her battle with an eating disorder on the simply-titled Peace and Love. Out Tuesday.
Traveling Like the Light by VV Brown. Is everyone British? Retro female pop stars at least — Amy, Duffy, Adele, etc. The impossibly gorgeous VV is a little more uptempo than those girls, but still represents a throwback. We hear a little girl-group, a little reggae, and some '80s. Out Tuesday.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride