BY Advocate.com Editors
February 11 2010 8:40 PM ET
Whip It –
Whip It –Drew Barrymore’s directorial debut features lesbian favorite Ellen Page in Girl Scout-lite garb on roller skates, SNL’s Kristen Wiig and Barrymore as her no-nonsense teammates, a very butch Juliette Lewis as the aging star of the roller skating rink, and rapper Eve in a maybe lesbian role (she hot tubs it with a hot blonde and tells the dude hitting on her to piss off). Marcia Gay Harden co-star’s as Page’s beauty pageant obsessed mom.
Army Wives: The Complete Third Season – I’m just going to go out on a limb here and say that even though the biggest military show on TV hasn’t tackled “don’t ask, don’t tell,” the ladies will love it because it’s about a whole bunch of women who converse while the men are off to war. One lonely night, a bottle of Chivas… it could happen (after all, season two did feature a prominent, albeit brief, lesbian subplot). And with hotties like Catherine Bell and Kim Delaney in the cast, it probably should happen.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Catholics: Antigay Leaders Get Boot, a Progressive Becomes American Archbishop
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media