BY Advocate.com Editors
February 22 2010 9:09 PM ET
New Amerykah, Part II by Erykah Badu — This fierce talent, who can sing about love or money with equal power and fury, is back with the second half of her New Amerykah opus. Badu told Billboard.com that this album is lighter and more fun than the first album, which was rightfully lauded by critics. Expect top-notch production thanks to collaborators like ?uestlove, Lil' Wayne, and Andre 3000, the father of Badu's son, Seven.
Have One on Me by Joanna Newsom — She may be better known for dating SNL's Andy Samberg, but Newsom is a talent in her own right. The willowy harpist's Have One on Me is a three-disc project with more than two hours of music.
"Rocket" by Goldfrapp —The new single by the electronica duo of Alison Goldfrapp and Will Gregory is a return to the upbeat sounds of Supernature and Black Cherry, though certainly more '80s and more pop than those two amazing albums. Prepare to have your blood boiled with "Rocket," the first single from Head First, the English group's next album. "Rocket" is out March 9 (so no preview is available yet), Head First two weeks later. Here's a snippet of "Head First," the album's eponymous single. Welcome back, Alison and Will!
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- Rachel Maddow Spoofs Minnesota Senate's 'No Eye Contact' Rule
- WATCH: Protestors Argue With Supporters of Antigay Michigan Repairman
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers