BY Advocate.com Editors
March 05 2010 3:50 PM ET
Black Light by Groove Armada—Ooh, we really like this stalwart of a group. Their last album, 2007's Soundboy Rock, was phenomenally fun. Black Light follows on Soundboy's successful formula, with influences from taste-makers like Roxy Music and Fleetwood Mac. This is tasteful electronica-infused pop.
Hands by Little Boots—Not to be confused with La Roux, another British electro-pop artist (L.R. = red peacock hair; L.B. = chunky blond Shakira locks), Little Boots is synth sensation Victoria Hesketh. Hands has been out since the summer in the U.K., but the album finally made it stateside last week. Highlights include "Earthquake" and "Stuck on Repeat."
Plastic Beach by Gorillaz—One of the most imaginative bands — and not just because they're animated — of modern times have a third album (if you don't know them from "Feel Good Inc." or "Clint Eastwood," you may remember their Grammy mash-up with Madonna a few years back). First single "Stylo" is sexy, trip-hop heaven.
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts New Anthem Supporting LGBT Russians
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher 2 hours 8 min ago
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts 2 hours 39 min ago
- Television 5 Reasons to Plug In to Masters of Sex 7:22 PM
- Travel VIDEO: Travel Helps People Live Longer, Says Study 6:35 PM
- Music WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts Song to Help Gay Russians 6:08 PM
- Religion WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Warns Robertson 6:03 PM
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! 4:20 PM