BY Advocate.com Editors
March 05 2010 4:50 PM ET
Black Light by Groove Armada—Ooh, we really like this stalwart of a group. Their last album, 2007's Soundboy Rock, was phenomenally fun. Black Light follows on Soundboy's successful formula, with influences from taste-makers like Roxy Music and Fleetwood Mac. This is tasteful electronica-infused pop.
Hands by Little Boots—Not to be confused with La Roux, another British electro-pop artist (L.R. = red peacock hair; L.B. = chunky blond Shakira locks), Little Boots is synth sensation Victoria Hesketh. Hands has been out since the summer in the U.K., but the album finally made it stateside last week. Highlights include "Earthquake" and "Stuck on Repeat."
Plastic Beach by Gorillaz—One of the most imaginative bands — and not just because they're animated — of modern times have a third album (if you don't know them from "Feel Good Inc." or "Clint Eastwood," you may remember their Grammy mash-up with Madonna a few years back). First single "Stylo" is sexy, trip-hop heaven.
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go To Ex-Gay Camp
- Nintendo Will 'Fix' Bug That Allows Same-Sex Couples to Marry in Video Game
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- The South's Longer Wait for Equality
- Same-Sex Kiss in Comic Inspired by Real-World Controversy
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Obama to Award Presidential Medal of Freedom to Sally Ride 5 min 38 sec ago
- Pride Turn It Way Up with Pride Beats 2013 6 min 49 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Robin Tyler's Rally Cry at Long Beach Dyke March 7 min 13 sec ago
- Television WATCH: Gay Character in Peril in New Teen Wolf Season 3 Trailer 1 hour 6 min ago
- Commentary Stop Acting Like I'm Dead Because I Have HIV 1 hour 20 min ago
- Entertainment News 'Turn Back Time' For Cher's Birthday 1 hour 33 min ago
- Women Texas Judge Says Lesbian Mom Can't Live With Partner and Keep Custody of Kids 1 hour 38 min ago