BY Advocate.com Editors
March 12 2010 7:20 PM ET
Green Zone — After slipping into a pair of Oscar-worthy roles in 2009 (in The Informant! and his nominated turn in Invictus), Matt Damon returns to the comfortable safety of the action genre in Green Zone, which reteams him with his Bourne director Paul Greengrass. Green Zone is decidedly more political than the Bourne films — Damon plays an operative given faulty information on his search for weapons of mass destruction and goes rogue — but it’s sure to pack the theaters with the actor’s rabid fan base.
Remember Me — Anyone itching to see Robert Pattinson step outside the comfort zone of Twilight and spread his wings might be disappointed by the fact that he plays yet another brooding, misunderstood outcast here. Still, he gets to do it opposite pros including Pierce Brosnan, Lena Olin, and Chris Cooper, and with Lost star Emilie de Ravin as his costar, those Kristen Stewart haters can breathe a sigh of relief.
Our Family Wedding —Think Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner meets Mi Familia. Though the timing is seemingly perfect to weave a gay wedding into the mix, Ugly Betty fans will have to settle for America Ferrera marrying into a traditional black family ... and all the antics that ensue. Reviews for this flick are mixed, but with Regina King costarring, expect some solid laughs.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Op-ed: Pope Francis: One Year In, Door Slightly Ajar for LGBT People
- Why Television Is Outpacing Film in Diversity
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality Is an 'Extra Right,' Says Right-Wing Activist March 10 2014 7:44 PM
- Women Laurel Holloman Joins L Word Costars Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig at Dinah! March 10 2014 6:22 PM
- Politics Lesbian Couple Sues Neighbors for Bias March 10 2014 6:08 PM