BY Advocate.com Editors
March 19 2010 5:15 PM ET
Head First by Goldfrapp — We've found almost too many reasons to talk about Goldfrapp on Hot Sheet. But we don't care — Alison Goldfrapp and Will Gregory consistently make fun, original, interesting music. Their new album, the '80s-influenced Head First, hits Tuesday. It's getting insanely good reviews, and the first single, "Rocket," will get your pulse pumping — who hasn't wanted to send a crush/spouse/significant other to the moon?
Interpreting the Masters, Vol. 1 by The Bird and the Bee — If you haven't heard of Bird and the Bee, check them out on iTunes or YouTube; their folk-pop is not only soothing, it's hilarious (i.e. "Fucking Boyfriend"). The L.A. hipsters' latest venture is an eight-song tribute to Hall and Oates (yes!), along with one original song. The lovely Shirley Manson of Garbage provides backing vocals to "Maneater." Out Tuesday.
Pandemonium by Pet Shop Boys — A double CD-DVD of the electronica duo's amazing concert at London's O2 arena in December 2009. This show is packed with high-energy dancers (wearing blocks on their heads), Keith Haring-esque videos on Jumbotrons, and the irrepressible and out Neil Tennant. Out now.
The Runaways soundtrack — Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch cherry bomb! God, what a song. This 14-song soundtrack is already out digitally, but a physical release hits on Tuesday. Songs from Dakota Fanning (singing "Bomb"), Kristen Stewart, Joan Jett, Bowie, and the Stooges.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad