BY Advocate.com Editors
April 02 2010 12:35 PM ET
Clash of the Titans — Once you get over the fact that this remake of Clash of the Titans doesn’t prominently feature Harry Hamlin in a loincloth or a campy Maggie Smith as the sea goddess Thetis, you might be able to appreciate this big-budget update for what it is. Sam Worthington (Avatar) is wearing decidedly more clothing in this version, and, at least according to the cast list, Smith’s role has been wiped out all together. But fans of fantasy films will likely not be disappointed, and with Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes bringing their talents to the table, this Clash of the Titans is sure to be entertaining.
Why Did I Get Married Too? — Tyler Perry movies have a cult following, so expect Why Did I Get Married Too? to be the latest hit in his extensive and successful library of films. Perry certainly has a way with women’s dialogue, and Janet Jackson is said to give an explosive performance in this film, which she started shooting just days after her brother Michael’s death last year. Fans of Perry and Jackson should love this flick.
- Film Queer Fan Art: The Hobbit 17 min 54 sec ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: My Father's Daughter 1 hour 47 min ago
- Politics Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year 2 hours 47 min ago
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher December 12 2013 8:48 PM
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts December 12 2013 8:18 PM
- Television 5 Reasons to Plug In to Masters of Sex December 12 2013 7:22 PM
- Travel VIDEO: Travel Helps People Live Longer, Says Study December 12 2013 6:35 PM