BY Advocate.com Editors
April 02 2010 1:35 PM ET
Go by Jónsi — Out Tuesday, the first solo album from Sigur Rós’s gay front man is an up-tempo departure from his band’s atmospheric style. This prolific Icelandic chef, writer, and artist is a modern-day Renaissance man; click here to read more about him.
Oyo by Angelique Kidjo — This Benin-born diva describes her latest album as “the story of my childhood.” Singing songs that inspired her, Kidjo takes on music by James Brown, Curtis Mayfield, and Aretha Franklin. Out Tuesday.
"Nothing" by Janet Jackson — Even though radio is reluctant to play Janet's singles anymore, it doesn't mean they're not great listens ("Make Me" from her recent greatest hits set deserved to be a hit in its own right). The ballad "Nothing" — the theme song to her new movie, Why Did I Get Married Too? — is a nice departure from her usual dance-stompers, and she sounds a bit like Michael on it, which isn't a bad thing.
by Kelis — The kooky Kelis is back with this single (her album Flesh
Tone drops this summer) and just-released video that highlights the
pop star's out-there fashion sense. The tune, produced by dance king
David Guetta, is thrilling drum-and-bass techno about an unlikely
subject: her son, Knight.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Marriage Equality Recalls of Pro-Marriage Equality Lawmakers Quashed in Minnesota 2 hours 17 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout 4:34 AM
- Current Issue A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World 4:00 AM
- Current Issue A Home of Our Own 4:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT 4:00 AM
- World News Marriage Equality Appeal Headed to Brazil's Supreme Court 1:06 AM
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader May 21 2013 10:04 PM