Hot Sheet: Rufus, and
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 09 2010 12:40 PM ET
Rufus Wainwright — All Days Are Nights: Songs for Lulu
Wainwright’s edgy new album, All Days Are Nights: Songs for Lulu, showcases the artist's love for opera and has a melancholy tone. Wainwright’s alter ego, Lulu, similar to Shakespeare’s dark lady, is said to represent the dark woman who lives inside all of us. The album’s first single is “Who Are You New York?” and there are several Shakespearean sonnets sprinkled into Wainwright’s track listing.
Toni Braxton — Pulse
Pulse is Toni Braxton’s first album with Atlantic Records and promises to usher in the return of the R&B diva. The video for “Yesterday,” Braxton’s song with the very ripped Trey Songz, features a shirtless Songz in passionate embraces with Braxton, wearing underwear and heels. The diva did double duty by filming and releasing the videos for her next two singles within one day of each other.
Natalie Merchant — Leave Your Sleep
Natalie Merchant’s Leave Your Sleep is a concept two-disc compilation album featuring music adapted from 19th- and 20th-century British and American poetry about childhood. Merchant’s fifth album, Leave Your Sleep features Celtic tones in addition to a variety of influences from other cultures.
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out 2 hours 29 min ago
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine 1:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM