Hot Sheet: , Lucy, Rent Boys
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 30 2010 1:45 PM ET
Court Yard Hounds by Court Yard Hounds — Taking a break from the Dixie Chicks, sisters Martie Maguire and Emily Robison (also known as the two who support gay rights, don’t much care for George W., but managed not to come under the same fire from country music fans as their band mate Natalie Maines) formed the Court Yard Hounds and will release their debut album Tuesday. And even though Maines doesn’t join them on this venture, it’s still a Dixie Chicks affair. Maines’s dad joins them on guitar, and the album was recorded in Maines’s home studio.
My Dear One by The Shondes — This "queercore" group from Brooklyn is back with a second album, called a "lonely hearts epic" by The Village Voice. This group's music combines gay and Jewish sensibilities (does it get any better?) and tackles the political and the personal with heart and rock 'n' roll.
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Will PrEP Make Gay Men Stop Using Condoms?
- Right-Wingers Claim Gay Republicans Are 'Wrong,' 'Terrible Role Models'