Hot Sheet: Phillippe, Robyn
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 21 2010 3:10 PM ET
Shrek Forever After — The Shrek movies might be family films, but they've never exactly been wholesome (remember Pinocchio wearing a thong in Shrek the Third?). Which is why the appearance of a gay hustler in the fourth and final installment isn’t exactly shocking. The film has been getting mixed reviews, but for those of you who get a kick out of wildly inappropriate humor that flies under the radar in kids’ films, Shrek Forever After won’t disappoint.
MacGruber — If the idea of watching Will Forte run around naked with a celery stalk clenched between his butt cheeks is your idea of fun, you’ll likely get a kick out of the humor in MacGruber. But what’s even more bothersome about this brand of humor is that when Ryan Phillippe’s character is asked to run around nude, they cut to a body double. We get this is supposed to be a comedy — but when even the nicest critics say the humor in the film is “throwaway” and “crude,” it would serve the audience well to at least give them a little eye candy.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Op-ed: Gay People Raising Kids Has Shifted From Downfall to Salvation