Hot Sheet: Phillippe, Robyn
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 21 2010 3:10 PM ET
Shrek Forever After — The Shrek movies might be family films, but they've never exactly been wholesome (remember Pinocchio wearing a thong in Shrek the Third?). Which is why the appearance of a gay hustler in the fourth and final installment isn’t exactly shocking. The film has been getting mixed reviews, but for those of you who get a kick out of wildly inappropriate humor that flies under the radar in kids’ films, Shrek Forever After won’t disappoint.
MacGruber — If the idea of watching Will Forte run around naked with a celery stalk clenched between his butt cheeks is your idea of fun, you’ll likely get a kick out of the humor in MacGruber. But what’s even more bothersome about this brand of humor is that when Ryan Phillippe’s character is asked to run around nude, they cut to a body double. We get this is supposed to be a comedy — but when even the nicest critics say the humor in the film is “throwaway” and “crude,” it would serve the audience well to at least give them a little eye candy.
- BREAKING: Supreme Court: Kentucky Clerk Must Issue Marriage Licenses
- WATCH: Miley Cyrus Features LGBT Youth and Drag Queens in VMA's Closing Number
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- STUDY: One-Third of Israelis Are Bisexual
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself
- Op-ed: Jazz Jennings Is TV's Unsung Trans Heroine