Hot Sheet: Phillippe, Robyn
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 21 2010 3:10 PM ET
The Amazing Truth About Queen Raquela — A street-smart Filipina transsexual prostitute (the riveting Raquela Rios) tries to adjust to life in Iceland and find her true love in this often-engaging documentary-fiction hybrid from Icelandic filmmaker Olaf de Fleur Johannesson.
And Then Came Lola — In this time-bending lesbian riff on Tom Tykwer’s Run Lola Run, Lola (Ashleigh Sumner) must dash through the streets of San Francisco to deliver a set of photos to her new girlfriend (Jill Bennett) and she has three chances to make it right
Valentine’s Day — A star-studded cast that includes Julia Roberts, Anne Hathaway, and Taylor Lautner couldn’t save director Garry Marshall’s latest rom-com about a variety of Los Angeles-based and romantically challenged couples from being labeled the date movie from hell. This pastiche plays like a sappy, watered-down version of the not great but infinitely superior Love Actually and in an effort to reach as broad a demographic as possible tosses a bone to gay audiences with the Bradley Cooper-Eric Dane story line.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Op-ed: Why LGBT and the GOP Are Better Together
- Op-ed: Finding Sympathy for the Most Hated Woman in America
- Welcome to Night Vale: Where Queer Is Normal and Normal Is Bizarre