Hot Sheet: Clay Aiken, and Popcorn Flicks
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 27 2010 5:30 PM ET
Prince of Persia: Prince of Persia is angering a lot of critics because instead of casting a Persian actor in the title role, producers cast Jake Gyllenhaal. The decision will probably do little to hurt box office — and let’s face it, there are worse ways to spend two hours than watching Jake Gyllenhaal run around without a shirt on — but the fact that there are no actors of Middle Eastern descent in lead roles has caused a bit of a backlash among critics.
Sex and the City 2: The continuing adventures of Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Samantha take them first to a gay wedding and then clear across the globe to Abu Dhabi. Reviews haven’t been too terribly strong, mostly with the complaint that the movie is not sexy and has lost a crucial fifth character (New York). Still, the actresses are all getting strong reviews, particularly Kristin Davis. And in this latest film we finally get to see Stanford and Anthony happy.
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: These Couples Prove Love Is Love 51 min 38 sec ago
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License December 08 2013 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 December 08 2013 2:15 PM
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' December 08 2013 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member December 08 2013 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights December 08 2013 1:47 AM