Hot Sheet: Clay Aiken, and Popcorn Flicks
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 27 2010 6:30 PM ET
Prince of Persia: Prince of Persia is angering a lot of critics because instead of casting a Persian actor in the title role, producers cast Jake Gyllenhaal. The decision will probably do little to hurt box office — and let’s face it, there are worse ways to spend two hours than watching Jake Gyllenhaal run around without a shirt on — but the fact that there are no actors of Middle Eastern descent in lead roles has caused a bit of a backlash among critics.
Sex and the City 2: The continuing adventures of Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Samantha take them first to a gay wedding and then clear across the globe to Abu Dhabi. Reviews haven’t been too terribly strong, mostly with the complaint that the movie is not sexy and has lost a crucial fifth character (New York). Still, the actresses are all getting strong reviews, particularly Kristin Davis. And in this latest film we finally get to see Stanford and Anthony happy.
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- Indiana Scrambling to 'Clarify' Discriminatory Law
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?