Hot Sheet: Clay Aiken, and Popcorn Flicks
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 27 2010 6:30 PM ET
Prince of Persia: Prince of Persia is angering a lot of critics because instead of casting a Persian actor in the title role, producers cast Jake Gyllenhaal. The decision will probably do little to hurt box office — and let’s face it, there are worse ways to spend two hours than watching Jake Gyllenhaal run around without a shirt on — but the fact that there are no actors of Middle Eastern descent in lead roles has caused a bit of a backlash among critics.
Sex and the City 2: The continuing adventures of Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Samantha take them first to a gay wedding and then clear across the globe to Abu Dhabi. Reviews haven’t been too terribly strong, mostly with the complaint that the movie is not sexy and has lost a crucial fifth character (New York). Still, the actresses are all getting strong reviews, particularly Kristin Davis. And in this latest film we finally get to see Stanford and Anthony happy.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Health News Calcium Bad, Cinnamon Good, PreP Fails: Baffling Health News 3 min 10 sec ago
- Comics and Graphic Novels Coming Out HIV-Positive in the Comic Book Store 6 min 8 sec ago
- Transgender WATCH: Catholic School Won't Let Trans Grad Wear Men's Garb 30 min 12 sec ago
- Politics Minnesota Antibullying Bill Dies in Senate 1 hour 3 min ago
- Music Q&A Quickie: Colton Ford on Sex, New Music, and The Lair 2 hours 4 min ago
- Marriage Equality Special Communion Bread Makes Debut for Minneapolis Church 2 hours 14 min ago
- Commentary Can Marc Carson's Murder Have as Much Impact as Matthew Shepard's? 9:09 AM