Hot Sheet: Ashton, and Aguilera
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 04 2010 6:35 AM ET
Killers: It should come as no surprise that the latest romantic comedy from Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigl is getting trashed by critics (one even commented that if Lady Gaga herself turned up in the theater, there’d still be no reason to watch the film). Killers boasts a largely shirtless performance from Kutcher, which in and of itself is a reason to be curious, but reviews suggest gay director Robert Luketic manages to make the action film a sluggish bore with a lot of help from his leading lady, an “I’d rather be anywhere else”-looking Katherine Heigl.
Get Him to the Greek: Russell Brand is an acquired taste, but thanks to his caked-on eyeliner and gender-fluid ways, his turn as a Brit rock star being accompanied to a concert in Los Angeles by a record company intern will likely pack a few good gay laughs. Pink and Christina Aguilera pop up as themselves.
Splice: Gay favorite Sarah Polley and the always outspoken Adrien Brody star as scientists who make a mistake and try to protect it in Splice, a horror movie that has sat on the shelf for a couple of years but is getting surprisingly strong reviews.
- WATCH: Antigay Ky. Clerk Inadvertently Married This Queer Couple
- WATCH: How This 12-Year-Old Lacrosse Player Found His Courage
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- Artist Spotlight: Jamil Hellu
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Texas Antigay Group Raising Money to Fight LGBT 'Army'