Hot Sheet: Ashton, and Aguilera
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 04 2010 6:35 AM ET
Alice in Wonderland: Tim Burton lets his hallucinatory sense of whimsy overwhelm the story in his signature take on the Lewis Carroll classic, but a cast of gay faves, including Anne Hathaway as the White Queen, Little Britain’s Matt Lucas, and especially Helena Bonham Carter — riotous as the Red Queen — help make this an unforgettable trip down the rabbit hole.
Equality U: The personal struggles of a group of 33 young gay activists who embarked on the Soulforce Equality Ride, a nationwide tour of antigay college campuses, is chronicled in this straightforward, thoughtful documentary.
Hannah Free: Sharon Gless gives an award-winning performance in this searing drama — a hit on the LGBT festival circuit — as an ailing elderly woman fighting for the right to say to say goodbye to the dying woman she’s loved for a lifetime.
Nip/Tuck: The Final Season: One of television’s gayest shows gets a fittingly over-the-top send-off with the final season, which features the return of some of the show’s strongest characters (including Famke Janssen as transgender life coach Ava Moore) and introduces some new ones (Candis Cayne as a trans woman who wishes to become male again).
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Welcome to Night Vale: Where Queer Is Normal and Normal Is Bizarre
- Op-ed: Finding Sympathy for the Most Hated Woman in America
- Op-ed: Why LGBT and the GOP Are Better Together