Hot Sheet: Women Rock
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 11 2010 6:35 AM ET
Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work. She's honest, she's funny, and she's a living (and working!) pioneer for both women and men on the comedy scene. It's 84 minutes of pure Joan Rivers.
The A-Team. This movie is not nearly as solid as the campy action-drama that was the 1980s television show, but the characters blow up enough stuff and Bradley Cooper is good-looking enough to make it worth taking a peek. Or you cannot watch it, since filming this movie apparently made Rampage Jackson "soft." We pity the fool who gets caught saying something homophobic to a reporter.
NewFest. And if you're in the New York City area, check out the tail end of NewFest, the area's top LGBT film festival. Saturday and Sunday's films include 8: The Mormon Proposition, Le Tigre: On Tour, and shorts programs "Girls on Film," "LOL," and "Boys Will Be Boys."
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Military PHOTOS: Shirtless, Sweaty Naval Academy Freshman Climb Greased Obelisk 8 min 16 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Amy Schumer and Amber Tamblyn Watch Porn and Make Out 20 min 54 sec ago
- Art When Shel Silverstein Covered Fire Island for Playboy 29 min 30 sec ago
- Entertainment News Filmmaker Needs Help to Penetrate the South 1 hour 11 min ago
- Commentary NYC Hate Crimes: Why I'm Afraid for First Time in My Life 1 hour 29 min ago
- Women WATCH: Portia de Rossi Spills Ellen's Most Annoying Habit to Jennifer Aniston 1 hour 52 min ago
- Living Well Why Shacking Up Is Good For Your Health 1 hour 58 min ago