Hot Sheet: Women Rock
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 11 2010 6:35 AM ET
Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work. She's honest, she's funny, and she's a living (and working!) pioneer for both women and men on the comedy scene. It's 84 minutes of pure Joan Rivers.
The A-Team. This movie is not nearly as solid as the campy action-drama that was the 1980s television show, but the characters blow up enough stuff and Bradley Cooper is good-looking enough to make it worth taking a peek. Or you cannot watch it, since filming this movie apparently made Rampage Jackson "soft." We pity the fool who gets caught saying something homophobic to a reporter.
NewFest. And if you're in the New York City area, check out the tail end of NewFest, the area's top LGBT film festival. Saturday and Sunday's films include 8: The Mormon Proposition, Le Tigre: On Tour, and shorts programs "Girls on Film," "LOL," and "Boys Will Be Boys."
- Panic! at the Disco Counters Westboro Baptist Church Picket With Donation
- Shocking Increase in HIV Infection Rate Among Young Gay, Bi Men
- Fox Pundit: Obama Forcing 'Militant LGBT Agenda' on Christians
- WATCH: Do Kids Movies Push The 'Gay Agenda'?
- GLAAD Studio Responsibility Index Reveals Lack of LGBT Visibility
- Don't Look a Gift Unicorn In the Mouth