Hot Sheet: Women Rock
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 11 2010 6:35 AM ET
Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work. She's honest, she's funny, and she's a living (and working!) pioneer for both women and men on the comedy scene. It's 84 minutes of pure Joan Rivers.
The A-Team. This movie is not nearly as solid as the campy action-drama that was the 1980s television show, but the characters blow up enough stuff and Bradley Cooper is good-looking enough to make it worth taking a peek. Or you cannot watch it, since filming this movie apparently made Rampage Jackson "soft." We pity the fool who gets caught saying something homophobic to a reporter.
NewFest. And if you're in the New York City area, check out the tail end of NewFest, the area's top LGBT film festival. Saturday and Sunday's films include 8: The Mormon Proposition, Le Tigre: On Tour, and shorts programs "Girls on Film," "LOL," and "Boys Will Be Boys."
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM
- Women Op-Ed: Remembering Sakia Gunn: the News Coverage and Homophobic Murder May 24 2013 6:27 PM