Hot Sheet: Women Rock
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 11 2010 6:35 AM ET
Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work. She's honest, she's funny, and she's a living (and working!) pioneer for both women and men on the comedy scene. It's 84 minutes of pure Joan Rivers.
The A-Team. This movie is not nearly as solid as the campy action-drama that was the 1980s television show, but the characters blow up enough stuff and Bradley Cooper is good-looking enough to make it worth taking a peek. Or you cannot watch it, since filming this movie apparently made Rampage Jackson "soft." We pity the fool who gets caught saying something homophobic to a reporter.
NewFest. And if you're in the New York City area, check out the tail end of NewFest, the area's top LGBT film festival. Saturday and Sunday's films include 8: The Mormon Proposition, Le Tigre: On Tour, and shorts programs "Girls on Film," "LOL," and "Boys Will Be Boys."
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Every GOP 2016 Hopeful Backs Mike Pence
- Governors of Connecticut, New York, and Washington Ban Travel to Indiana
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Gov. Mike Pence: 'This Is a Perception Problem'