Hot Sheet: Women Rock
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 11 2010 6:35 AM ET
Body Talk Pt. 1 by Robyn
With songs like “Fembot” and the explosive “Dancing on My Own,” Swedish pop diva Robyn is back with Body Talk Pt.1, the first of three albums she’s putting out this year. Robyn says the music will feature insight to her most personal thoughts; expect a feel-good time with substance. Out Tuesday.
Lillith 2010 Tour Compilation
Featuring artists like Tegan and Sara, Kelly Clarkson, Sarah McLachlan, Corinne Bailey Rae, Rihanna, Colbie Caillat, and Sara Bareillis, the female-centric festival's compilation album showcases an eclectic set of hit songs. The album serves as a preview of the tour — slated to kick off June 27 in Calgary after a hiatus of 11 years. Out Tuesday.
Laws of Illusion by Sarah McLachlan
will be a busy summer for the Canadian songbird as she returns with new
album Laws of Illusion, in addition to appearing at Lillith Fair. Laws is
the singer’s first new work in seven years and will offer a pleasant
break for pop aficionados tired of the Gaga-style beats currently
invading the airwaves. Out Tuesday.
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- The Humble Tweets From a Catholic Priest Spat Upon by Pride Marchers
- Op-ed: Why, No Matter What, I Still Can't Marry My Girlfriend
- Texas AG: Clerks Can Deny Marriage Licenses on Religious Grounds