Hot Sheet: Mormons, Miley, and Mirren
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 18 2010 5:35 AM ET
8: The Mormon Proposition (limited release) — Filmmaker Reed Cowan digs really deep to uncover the lengths to which the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints went to repeal marriage equality in California. The film was narrated by Academy Award-winning screenwriter Dustin Lance Black, who was also raised in the Mormon Church.
Jonah Hex — Josh Brolin steps into a starring role as Jonah Hex, a scarred bounty hunter who makes a deal with the U.S. military to stop a terrorist. But we all know why you really want to see this movie — maybe bisexual, maybe just all talk poster girl Megan Fox trying to prove yet again that she can indeed act.
Cyrus – Only in Hollywood would John C. Reilly have to prove to Jonah Hill that he’s a good enough man to marry his mother — played by Marisa Tomei. Yes, that Marisa Tomei, who stripped on a pole in The Wrestler and hosts her own hula-hoop workout video. Gay favorite Catherine Keener costars.
I Am Love — Tilda Swinton stars in a love story set at the turn of the century in Milan. The semiandrogynous actress always turns in interesting performances, and this film, written and directed by Luca Guadagnino, is getting rave reviews.
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Mississippi Marriage Ban Struck Down
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role