Hot Sheet: Kelis,
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 02 2010 6:40 AM ET
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse: She doesn’t smoke, she doesn’t drink, and she doesn’t believe in premarital sex. And all those qualities come to the fore in Eclipse, the third in the series of film adaptations of Mormon author Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight books. Unlike in the first two films, in Eclipse the characters seem to finally be growing up — you even get the sense of some sexual tension all around in the love triangle of Bella, Edward, and Jacob. And with Taylor Lautner near-nude on several occasions, the eye candy is most certainly out in full force.
The Last Airbender: No twist ending. No endlessly trying to figure out what the hell M. Night Shyamalan is talking about. For his latest film (an adaptation of an animated kids’ series), the director even keeps the run time to a cool 95 minutes to tell the story of a war of the elements. Reviews for the film have been poor, but based on early box office receipts, this promises to be Shyamalan’s most successful film since The Village.
Love Ranch: Helen Mirren plays a madam who, with her husband (Joe Pesci), opens Nevada’s first legal brothel. Gay favorites Gina Gershon and Leslie Jordan pop up in small roles, and you get the sense some of these hookers would rather be getting up close and personal with each other than their male clients. Taylor Hackford (Mirren’s real-life husband and the much-honored director of Ray) directs.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Peace Corps Recognizes, Respects Same-Sex Couples
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 40 min 57 sec ago
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship 1 hour 51 min ago
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy 1 hour 54 min ago
- Internet WATCH: The First AIDS Generation in Giant Town Hall 2 hours 39 min ago
- Politics Joe Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Marriage Equality 2 hours 46 min ago
- Travel Peace Corps Recognizes, Respects Same-Sex Couples 5:07 PM
- Women SheWired Shot of the Day: Chloe Sevigny Absolut-ly Sizzles for Elyxr 4:50 PM