Hot Sheet: Kelis,
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 02 2010 6:40 AM ET
Flesh Tone by Kelis: The fifth album from the original "Milkshake"-er is more house than hip-hop, which played well to the audiences at Kelis’s recent performance at Los Angeles Gay Pride. Flesh Tone’s first single, "Acapella," was irresistible, and the second, "4th of July (Fireworks)," is perfectly timed. Out Tuesday.
Aphrodite by Kylie Minogue: Kylie has a formula (shut your mind off + dance = fun), but she’s mastered it well. Aphrodite enlists the work of up-tempo producer Stuart Price (who works with Brandon Flowers and Madonna). If you’re looking for a Madge comparison, think more Confessions on a Dance Floor, less Ray of Light. Out Tuesday.
Euphoria by Enrique Iglesias: It feels good to have this handsome crooner back, well-endowed or not. His first bilingual album, Euphoria includes the party-starter and chart-climber "I Like It," with Pitbull. Out Tuesday.
- From Jail, Kim Davis Still Refuses to Issue Marriage Licenses
- The Best (and Worst) Tweets About Kim Davis
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- Op-ed: Kim Davis Deserves Criticism But Not for Her Looks
- Mo. Trans Student's Bathroom Struggle Is History Repeating Itself
- Meet the Trans Man and Pansexual Woman Married by Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis