Hot Sheet: Kelis,
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 02 2010 5:40 AM ET
Raging Sun, Raging Sky: This sexy epic Mexico-based romance from acclaimed director Julián Hernández is challenging, spiritual, transcendental — and full of male nudity. Kieri and Ryo are passionate young lovers, but when Ryo is kidnapped their relationship is put to the ultimate test. Unfortunately, so are viewers when confronted with the film’s excessive running time of over three hours.
A Single Man: The classic gay-themed novel by Christopher Isherwood gets a stellar film treatment from first-time director Tom Ford, who also cowrote the screenplay. Colin Firth vividly and heartbreakingly portrays a college professor grieving the death of his lover who is momentarily distracted from suicide by a close friend (Julianne Moore) and a comely student (the stunning Nicholas Hoult). Check out our The Men of A Single Man page, where we take a look back at our exclusive coverage, including interviews with Advocate cover subject Tom Ford, Colin Firth, and Matthew Goode.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: What If Stonewall Happened Now?
- Outrage After Idaho Trans Woman Buried 'As a Man'
- Spirit Awards Gives Love Is Strange Four Nods, Including Best Picture
- Meet the 'Ex-Gay' Man James Franco Will Bring to the Big Screen
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson