Hot Sheet: Bening, and Lilith
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 09 2010 5:45 AM ET
The Kids Are All Right — Writer-director Lisa Cholodenko drew from her own life to create this touching drama about Nic (Annette Bening) and Jules (Julianne Moore), the mothers of two teenagers who want to bond with their biological father (Mark Ruffalo). The Kids Are All Right is getting rave reviews for its performances — Bening’s in particular — but it’s Cholodenko’s ability to create a loving, albeit flawed, modern family without getting preachy or political.
Grease Sing-A-Long — Whether you’re the “Hopelessly Devoted to You” type or you’d rather swig a shot and sing along with Rizzo, the Grease Sing-a-Long (in select theaters now) promises to be a truly gay affair in every sense of the word. Gay director Randal Kleiser shapes the film with a gay sensibility, and of course, there’s always Danny Zuko (John Travolta) with the greased hair and skintight pants.
Predators — Adrien Brody might not have much of a sense of humor about himself, but he is a good actor, and if anyone can give some gravitas to the latest installment in the Predator franchise, it’s him. Picking up where the second film left off (and pretending the Alien vs. Predator face-off never happened), he and Laurence Fishburne star in this unapologetically B movie from producer Robert Rodriguez.
- Women WATCH: Gaga & Xtina's Amazing '70s-era Lesbian Duet of "Do What U Want!" 1 hour 7 min ago
- Marriage Equality NOH8 Founders Adam Bouska & Jeff Parshley on Campaign's 5th Anniversary December 17 2013 9:23 PM
- Travel What's Hot in England for 2014 December 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Women WATCH: Adorable Lesbian Takes on How to Practice the Smells and Sounds of Sex! December 17 2013 8:10 PM
- Politics Obama, Biden Won't Be at Olympics December 17 2013 6:34 PM
- Film Joseph Gordon-Levitt Joins Film Adaptation of LGBT-Inclusive Comic Book December 17 2013 5:43 PM
- The Wedding Channel WATCH: Gay Military Couple Share 'A Story About Love' December 17 2013 4:38 PM