Hot Sheet: Bening, and Lilith
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 09 2010 5:45 AM ET
The Kids Are All Right — Writer-director Lisa Cholodenko drew from her own life to create this touching drama about Nic (Annette Bening) and Jules (Julianne Moore), the mothers of two teenagers who want to bond with their biological father (Mark Ruffalo). The Kids Are All Right is getting rave reviews for its performances — Bening’s in particular — but it’s Cholodenko’s ability to create a loving, albeit flawed, modern family without getting preachy or political.
Grease Sing-A-Long — Whether you’re the “Hopelessly Devoted to You” type or you’d rather swig a shot and sing along with Rizzo, the Grease Sing-a-Long (in select theaters now) promises to be a truly gay affair in every sense of the word. Gay director Randal Kleiser shapes the film with a gay sensibility, and of course, there’s always Danny Zuko (John Travolta) with the greased hair and skintight pants.
Predators — Adrien Brody might not have much of a sense of humor about himself, but he is a good actor, and if anyone can give some gravitas to the latest installment in the Predator franchise, it’s him. Picking up where the second film left off (and pretending the Alien vs. Predator face-off never happened), he and Laurence Fishburne star in this unapologetically B movie from producer Robert Rodriguez.
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: These Couples Prove Love Is Love 39 min 6 sec ago
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License December 08 2013 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 December 08 2013 2:15 PM
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' December 08 2013 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member December 08 2013 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights December 08 2013 1:47 AM