Hot Sheet: Bening, and Lilith
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 09 2010 5:45 AM ET
8: The Mormon Proposition — Narrated by the Academy Award-winning screenwriter of Milk, Dustin Lance Black, Reed Cowan’s compelling documentary chronicles the lengths to which the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints went to repeal marriage equality in California.
The Lucy Show: The Official Second Season — In the sophomore season of her follow-up to the iconic I Love Lucy and first series without ex-husband Desi Arnaz, Lucille Ball, still teamed with best friend Vivian Vance, pulls out all the stops aping Elizabeth Taylor in an overwrought community theater production of Cleopatra and having the nerve to teach legendary diva Ethel Merman to sing.
Chloe — Taking a cue from erotic thrillers like The Hand That Rocks the Cradle and Basic Instinct, Chloe casts Julianne Moore as a jealous wife who hires a call girl named Chloe (Amanda Seyfried) to seduce her husband (Liam Neeson). Things get a bit out of hand when it becomes clear men aren’t exactly Chloe’s cup of tea. Moore and Seyfried steam up the screen in this indie thriller from director Atom Egoyan.
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet