Hot Sheet: Bening, and Lilith
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 09 2010 6:45 AM ET
8: The Mormon Proposition — Narrated by the Academy Award-winning screenwriter of Milk, Dustin Lance Black, Reed Cowan’s compelling documentary chronicles the lengths to which the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints went to repeal marriage equality in California.
The Lucy Show: The Official Second Season — In the sophomore season of her follow-up to the iconic I Love Lucy and first series without ex-husband Desi Arnaz, Lucille Ball, still teamed with best friend Vivian Vance, pulls out all the stops aping Elizabeth Taylor in an overwrought community theater production of Cleopatra and having the nerve to teach legendary diva Ethel Merman to sing.
Chloe — Taking a cue from erotic thrillers like The Hand That Rocks the Cradle and Basic Instinct, Chloe casts Julianne Moore as a jealous wife who hires a call girl named Chloe (Amanda Seyfried) to seduce her husband (Liam Neeson). Things get a bit out of hand when it becomes clear men aren’t exactly Chloe’s cup of tea. Moore and Seyfried steam up the screen in this indie thriller from director Atom Egoyan.
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- GLAAD Issues Record Number of 'Excellent' Ratings for TV Networks
- 5 Times the U.N. Resolved, Then Failed, to End Homophobia Worldwide
- Op-ed: What Barney Frank Still Gets Wrong on ENDA