Hot Sheet: Efron, Gaga, Basquiat
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 30 2010 4:55 PM ET
Charlie St. Cloud — Zac Efron attempts the transition from teen idol to movie star with his starring role in Charlie St. Cloud, the story of a college student’s relationship with his dead brother. Reviews have been mixed to poor, with critics saying Efron has a way to go before he can start carrying the weight of a movie. But with most of the film taking place on the water, look for the actor to spend a fair amount of time flaunting his most famous assets.
Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child — Director and friend Tamra Davis centers her documentary on the life of artist Basquiat on a rare interview with him from more than 20 years ago, spliced together with interviews from those who knew him best. From his rise to “rock-star status” in the early ’80s to his friendship with Andy Warhol to his sudden death from a heroin overdose in 1988, Davis goes inside the mind of this tragic talent. Click here for showtimes around the country.
- Politics Gay Former Republican Congressman Condemns Interparty Discrimination 21 min 53 sec ago
- World News Putin Tightens Grip on Kremlin-Run News Agencies 26 min 49 sec ago
- Film Redbox Picks Up Bridegroom Despite Rule Against Documentaries 35 min 41 sec ago
- Travel Super Seniors of the Palm Springs Follies Prepare for the End 40 min ago
- Acceptance Matters WATCH: We Wish Every Coming Out Got a Hug-a-Thon 49 min 26 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Antigay Think Tank Could Use a Copy Editor 53 min 40 sec ago
- Television WATCH: The Super Trailer for RuPaul's Drag Race Season 6 1 hour 43 min ago