Hot Sheet: Efron, Gaga, Basquiat
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 30 2010 5:55 PM ET
Charlie St. Cloud — Zac Efron attempts the transition from teen idol to movie star with his starring role in Charlie St. Cloud, the story of a college student’s relationship with his dead brother. Reviews have been mixed to poor, with critics saying Efron has a way to go before he can start carrying the weight of a movie. But with most of the film taking place on the water, look for the actor to spend a fair amount of time flaunting his most famous assets.
Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child — Director and friend Tamra Davis centers her documentary on the life of artist Basquiat on a rare interview with him from more than 20 years ago, spliced together with interviews from those who knew him best. From his rise to “rock-star status” in the early ’80s to his friendship with Andy Warhol to his sudden death from a heroin overdose in 1988, Davis goes inside the mind of this tragic talent. Click here for showtimes around the country.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant
- Philadelphia's First LGBT Liaison, Gloria Casarez, Dead at 42
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'