Hot Sheet: Efron, Gaga, Basquiat
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 30 2010 5:55 PM ET
The Remix by Lady Gaga — As she approaches the two-year anniversary of her first album, The Fame, this October, Gaga remixes some of its biggest hits (and some from the The Fame Monster). The compilation features work by DJs and producers including Passion Pit and Stuart Price. Out Tuesday.
The Suburbs by Arcade Fire — Hipsters rejoice! The Fire's new album incorporates a theme of contemplation and nostalgia with songs like “We Used to Wait” and “Wasted Hours.” These guys are the best thing to come out of Canada since Céline Dion. Out Tuesday.
“A Happy Place” by Katie Melua — In her hypnotic new video, Melua serves up a dose of decadent surrealism as rebellion against a world of carbon-copy professionals and the endless routine of the urban working world. Clad in an elaborate headdress and the only colorful character in an otherwise monochromatic cast, Melua stands out as the clear representative of the song’s mantra: “The only way to go is inside.” It's the second single from her new album, The House, set for release Tuesday. Watch it below:
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall
- Op-ed: My Bi Choice
- Faking It's Michael J. Willett Is the Teen Heartthrob We've Been Waiting For
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Op-ed: Having a Transgender Parent Helped Make My Sons Into Better Men