The Hot Sheet
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 06 2010 6:00 AM ET
Flipped — Fresh from successfully helping to fund the federal court case that ultimately led to California’s Proposition 8 being overturned earlier this week, Rob Reiner returns to the director’s chair with Flipped, a coming-of-age dramedy set in the ’60s about — fittingly — love. Reiner has rounded out his cast with a who’s who of Hollywood favorites (Anthony Edwards, Rebecca De Mornay, An Early Frost’s Aidan Quinn, and Broken Hearts Club’s John Mahoney) for this touching story — a breath of fresh air among the loud, big-budget films that dominate late summer.
Step Up 3D — For the third installment in the Step Up series, producers have taken the tried-and-true mold of sexy male lead meets sexy female lead for 90 minutes of hip-hop meets ballet and filmed it in 3D. Like the first two films, Step Up 3D is short on plot — but with producer Adam Shankman working behind the scenes and several finalists from TV’s So You Think You Can Dance, it’s bound to be visually captivating.
Twelve — Stunning cinematography highlights this Joel Schumacher-directed adaptation of Nick McDonnell’s novel, which stars Gossip Girl's Chace Crawford as a drug dealer who struggles with his inner demons while providing a steady supply to the teenage bourgeoisie. The constant and often poetic narration by Rufus Wainwright seamlessly bridges the character’s stories and grounds the film in an artistic and literary context.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 8:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM