The Hot Sheet
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 06 2010 5:00 AM ET
Flipped — Fresh from successfully helping to fund the federal court case that ultimately led to California’s Proposition 8 being overturned earlier this week, Rob Reiner returns to the director’s chair with Flipped, a coming-of-age dramedy set in the ’60s about — fittingly — love. Reiner has rounded out his cast with a who’s who of Hollywood favorites (Anthony Edwards, Rebecca De Mornay, An Early Frost’s Aidan Quinn, and Broken Hearts Club’s John Mahoney) for this touching story — a breath of fresh air among the loud, big-budget films that dominate late summer.
Step Up 3D — For the third installment in the Step Up series, producers have taken the tried-and-true mold of sexy male lead meets sexy female lead for 90 minutes of hip-hop meets ballet and filmed it in 3D. Like the first two films, Step Up 3D is short on plot — but with producer Adam Shankman working behind the scenes and several finalists from TV’s So You Think You Can Dance, it’s bound to be visually captivating.
Twelve — Stunning cinematography highlights this Joel Schumacher-directed adaptation of Nick McDonnell’s novel, which stars Gossip Girl's Chace Crawford as a drug dealer who struggles with his inner demons while providing a steady supply to the teenage bourgeoisie. The constant and often poetic narration by Rufus Wainwright seamlessly bridges the character’s stories and grounds the film in an artistic and literary context.
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: One Day in Big Gaylarious America 1 hour 54 min ago
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous 2 hours 54 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior 5:00 AM
- Parenting Nonprofit Serves Up Resource to Answer LGBT Parents' Questions 5:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM