The Hot Sheet
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 06 2010 6:00 AM ET
Flipped — Fresh from successfully helping to fund the federal court case that ultimately led to California’s Proposition 8 being overturned earlier this week, Rob Reiner returns to the director’s chair with Flipped, a coming-of-age dramedy set in the ’60s about — fittingly — love. Reiner has rounded out his cast with a who’s who of Hollywood favorites (Anthony Edwards, Rebecca De Mornay, An Early Frost’s Aidan Quinn, and Broken Hearts Club’s John Mahoney) for this touching story — a breath of fresh air among the loud, big-budget films that dominate late summer.
Step Up 3D — For the third installment in the Step Up series, producers have taken the tried-and-true mold of sexy male lead meets sexy female lead for 90 minutes of hip-hop meets ballet and filmed it in 3D. Like the first two films, Step Up 3D is short on plot — but with producer Adam Shankman working behind the scenes and several finalists from TV’s So You Think You Can Dance, it’s bound to be visually captivating.
Twelve — Stunning cinematography highlights this Joel Schumacher-directed adaptation of Nick McDonnell’s novel, which stars Gossip Girl's Chace Crawford as a drug dealer who struggles with his inner demons while providing a steady supply to the teenage bourgeoisie. The constant and often poetic narration by Rufus Wainwright seamlessly bridges the character’s stories and grounds the film in an artistic and literary context.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Latest News
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo 46 min 36 sec ago
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper 1 hour 46 min ago
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 2 hours 31 min ago
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship 7:03 PM
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy 7:01 PM
- Internet WATCH: The First AIDS Generation in Giant Town Hall 6:16 PM
- Politics Joe Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Marriage Equality 6:09 PM