Hot Sheet: Franco, Miley, and Virginia Woolf
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 13 2010 6:00 AM ET
Eat, Pray, Love — Director Ryan Murphy (Glee, Nip/Tuck) inspires audiences with a deep sense of wanderlust in the film adaptation of Elizabeth Gilbert's memoir. Julia Roberts as Gilbert spends a year traveling through Italy, India, and Bali in order to discover herself by discovering the world around her. Viola Davis is lively as her best friend and James Franco, Javier Bardem, and Billy Crudup provide romance and eye candy.
The Expendables — A Sylvester Stallone flick might not seem like the most obvious choice to see this weekend, but when you consider that he’s recruited just about every big action star of the past 25 years for his latest directorial effort, you realize there’s appeal for everyone here — even a highly touted scene involving Stallone, Bruce Willis, and California’s governator, Ah-nuld. Don’t expect a gay story line, but with hotties (Jason Statham), still-hotties (Dolph Lundgren), and enough muscle to flip a Hummer, Stallone’s mercenaries gone wild flick is bound to put some gay butts in the seats.
Patrik, Age 1.5 — A gay couple desperate to adopt a child respond to a letter offering the chance to look after a Swedish child in need of a home — Patrik 1.5. But when a homophobic teen Patrik shows up instead of the toddler they were expecting, the three have to put their differences aside and make the best of a bad situation. A favorite at on the film festival circuit, Patrik, Age 1.5 seamlessly blends comedy and drama, with a surprisingly serious tale of love and acceptance underneath. Director Ella Lemhagen was nominated for Sweden’s academy award for her first film in 1996 and won for her second three years later.
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis
- Current Issue Truly Social Networking 53 min 3 sec ago
- Seat Filler 5 Must-See Shows: What's Gay Off-Broadway 1 hour 54 min ago
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen March 11 2014 8:40 PM
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival March 11 2014 7:17 PM
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference March 11 2014 7:02 PM
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families March 11 2014 6:45 PM
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia March 11 2014 6:27 PM