The Hot Sheet
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 20 2010 6:05 AM ET
All Fashion Is Fiction: The Collected Writings of Serg Riva — The diaries and transcripts of celebrity swimwear designer Serg Riva, edited by artist James Buckhouse, presents a curious manifesto: “The shallower you go, the deeper it gets.” The memoir unfolds in a surprisingly poignant look into the poetic intricacies of reputation, adoration, and diamond-studded bikinis. (CreateSpace, $14.95)
Mad Men Unbuttoned: A Romp Through '60s America by Natasha Vargas-Cooper — The author of the popular blog Footnotes of Mad Men links an array of vintage advertising and design images with details about the series's characters and specific episodes, making a perfect companion piece for AMC's slow-burning but compulsively watchable drama. (Collins Design, $16.99)
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- WATCH: In Pat Robertson's Latest Diatribe, Gays Are 'Terrorists'
- Idaho Gov. Begs Court to Reverse 'Bad Law' of Marriage Equality
- In Their Own Words: Men of Color Explain Why They Take PrEP
- Have We Got Matthew Shepard All Wrong?