The Hot Sheet
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 27 2010 6:05 AM ET
Takers — One of two decidedly ungay films being released this weekend (also known as the weekend when Hollywood dumps its crap titles), Takers is a crime drama starring Matt Dillon, Paul Walker, Hayden Christensen, and, hoping to bounce back from the bad press surrounding his relationship with Rihanna, Chris Brown. Oscar nominee Marianne Jean-Baptiste (Secrets & Lies) pops up in a supporting role.
The Last Exorcism — Hoping to capitalize on the success of films like The Blair Witch Project and Paranormal Activity, The Last Exorcism is told from the point of view of a disillusioned evangelical minister — our favorite. Reviews have been mixed, though it did get a solid response at this year’s Sundance Film Festival. Premise of the film? “If you believe in God, you must believe in the devil.”
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- PHOTOS: Equality Advocates Picket Antigay Kentucky Clerk
- WATCH: Is CNN Coverage of Virginia Gunman Homophobic?