The Hot Sheet
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 27 2010 6:05 AM ET
Takers — One of two decidedly ungay films being released this weekend (also known as the weekend when Hollywood dumps its crap titles), Takers is a crime drama starring Matt Dillon, Paul Walker, Hayden Christensen, and, hoping to bounce back from the bad press surrounding his relationship with Rihanna, Chris Brown. Oscar nominee Marianne Jean-Baptiste (Secrets & Lies) pops up in a supporting role.
The Last Exorcism — Hoping to capitalize on the success of films like The Blair Witch Project and Paranormal Activity, The Last Exorcism is told from the point of view of a disillusioned evangelical minister — our favorite. Reviews have been mixed, though it did get a solid response at this year’s Sundance Film Festival. Premise of the film? “If you believe in God, you must believe in the devil.”
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- Rachel Maddow: The Fox News Debate Is 'Rigged'