The Hot Sheet
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 27 2010 6:05 AM ET
Takers — One of two decidedly ungay films being released this weekend (also known as the weekend when Hollywood dumps its crap titles), Takers is a crime drama starring Matt Dillon, Paul Walker, Hayden Christensen, and, hoping to bounce back from the bad press surrounding his relationship with Rihanna, Chris Brown. Oscar nominee Marianne Jean-Baptiste (Secrets & Lies) pops up in a supporting role.
The Last Exorcism — Hoping to capitalize on the success of films like The Blair Witch Project and Paranormal Activity, The Last Exorcism is told from the point of view of a disillusioned evangelical minister — our favorite. Reviews have been mixed, though it did get a solid response at this year’s Sundance Film Festival. Premise of the film? “If you believe in God, you must believe in the devil.”
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- GLAAD Issues Record Number of 'Excellent' Ratings for TV Networks
- Op-ed: What Barney Frank Still Gets Wrong on ENDA
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- 5 Times the U.N. Resolved, Then Failed, to End Homophobia Worldwide