The Hot Sheet
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 10 2010 6:10 AM ET
Resident Evil: Afterlife — Back for a fourth installment of the video game–based series (again directed by her husband, Paul W.S. Anderson), lesbian fave Milla Jovovich is ready to kick ass in Resident Evil: Afterlife — this time in 3-D. She’s joined by former Heroes star Ali Larter and Prison Break alum Wentworth Miller, picking up where the last film left off — roaming Los Angeles in search of survivors.
I’m Still Here — Has Joaquin Phoenix spent the last year and a half snowing America? Not sure if we’ll ever get the answer in full, but the actor — who in 2008 announced his retirement from acting to embark on a rap music career — resurfaces in a new “documentary” feature I’m Still Here, directed by friend Casey Affleck. According to the Los Angeles Times, the film features “more male frontal nudity than you’d find in some gay porn films,” and yet still, most critics aren’t certain whether it’s real life or mockumentary.
The Romantics — Anna Paquin is getting married — to a guy, unfortunately ladies — and Katie Holmes has been asked to stand next to her as a bridesmaid ... who’s in love with the groom (Josh Duhamel). What sounds like your standard romantic comedy gets a touch of drama and indie cred thrown into the mix, along with strong support from an able cast including Malin Akerman, Candice Bergen, Adam Brody, Elijah Wood, and Glee’s Dianna Agron.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa 4:00 AM
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM