The Hot Sheet
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 17 2010 6:15 AM ET
Maroon 5: Hands All Over — The quintet returns with its third studio album, and it’s full of the expected cheery, irresistible, melodic pop for which the band is noted. Adam Levine’s smooth-as-silk voice glides over a dozen radio-friendly tracks, including standouts “Out of Goodbyes,” a breakup ballad with Lady Antebellum, and the buoyant second single, “Give a Little More.”
Selena Gomez and the Scene: A Year Without Rain — The tween pop movement might be enough to send you off a cliff some days, but here’s a pop star who knows exactly who she is. Selena Gomez isn’t trying to sell sex — at least not as overtly as Miley Cyrus. But she is trying to sell a slightly more sophisticated than usual dance album that you can crank in the car and sing along with — and with that in mind, she succeeds admirably.
- Op-ed: Drag Race's Prison-Themed Challenge Raised Uncomfortable Questions
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- #TBT: Breaking the Gay Code in the Movies
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'