The Hot Sheet
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 17 2010 5:15 AM ET
Maroon 5: Hands All Over — The quintet returns with its third studio album, and it’s full of the expected cheery, irresistible, melodic pop for which the band is noted. Adam Levine’s smooth-as-silk voice glides over a dozen radio-friendly tracks, including standouts “Out of Goodbyes,” a breakup ballad with Lady Antebellum, and the buoyant second single, “Give a Little More.”
Selena Gomez and the Scene: A Year Without Rain — The tween pop movement might be enough to send you off a cliff some days, but here’s a pop star who knows exactly who she is. Selena Gomez isn’t trying to sell sex — at least not as overtly as Miley Cyrus. But she is trying to sell a slightly more sophisticated than usual dance album that you can crank in the car and sing along with — and with that in mind, she succeeds admirably.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View