The Hot Sheet
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 24 2010 6:15 AM ET
Spartacus: Blood and Sand — Nudity and graphic sex (much of it gay) may have been the initial draw to check out the first season of Spartacus: Blood and Sand, but what was billed as a guilty pleasure actually became one of the most visually appealing shows on television. With Andy Whitfield as the titular Spartacus and John Hannah and Lucy Lawless hamming it up as his evil owners, there’s certainly a camp appeal, but just try to not get sucked in. Of course, the mostly naked, ripped bodies don’t hurt, and the fact that so much gay sex happens among the gladiators is a treat. Whitfield, who had to leave the series after one season to seek treatment for cancer, is a huge star in the making.
Get Him to the Greek — Unexpected homoerotic tension between Jonah Hill and Russell Brand is but one of the more outrageously entertaining elements in this unbelievably raunchy spin-off from 2008’s Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Hill stars as a lowly employee at a record label forced to fly to London to accompany an out-of-control rock star (Brand) to a concert in Los Angeles. Mad Men’s Elisabeth Moss as Hill’s patient girlfriend and Damages’s Rose Byrne as Brand’s equally whacked-out rock star ex are memorable, but it’s Sean Combs, surprisingly, who steals the film with his raucous turn as an egomaniac music mogul.
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 29 min 57 sec ago
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality Is an 'Extra Right,' Says Right-Wing Activist March 10 2014 7:44 PM
- Women Laurel Holloman Joins L Word Costars Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig at Dinah! March 10 2014 6:22 PM