The Hot Sheet
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 24 2010 6:15 AM ET
Spartacus: Blood and Sand — Nudity and graphic sex (much of it gay) may have been the initial draw to check out the first season of Spartacus: Blood and Sand, but what was billed as a guilty pleasure actually became one of the most visually appealing shows on television. With Andy Whitfield as the titular Spartacus and John Hannah and Lucy Lawless hamming it up as his evil owners, there’s certainly a camp appeal, but just try to not get sucked in. Of course, the mostly naked, ripped bodies don’t hurt, and the fact that so much gay sex happens among the gladiators is a treat. Whitfield, who had to leave the series after one season to seek treatment for cancer, is a huge star in the making.
Get Him to the Greek — Unexpected homoerotic tension between Jonah Hill and Russell Brand is but one of the more outrageously entertaining elements in this unbelievably raunchy spin-off from 2008’s Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Hill stars as a lowly employee at a record label forced to fly to London to accompany an out-of-control rock star (Brand) to a concert in Los Angeles. Mad Men’s Elisabeth Moss as Hill’s patient girlfriend and Damages’s Rose Byrne as Brand’s equally whacked-out rock star ex are memorable, but it’s Sean Combs, surprisingly, who steals the film with his raucous turn as an egomaniac music mogul.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime WATCH: Trans Woman Attacked in Hollywood Hate Crime Speaks Out 10 min 24 sec ago
- Politics Republican Wants Right to Fire LGBT Employees Who 'Work in a Tutu' 24 min 58 sec ago
- Music WATCH: 'Guess What?' Cazwell's New Video Is Hot! 31 min 59 sec ago
- Entertainment News Watch: Fox News' Most Anti-Trans Comments 32 min 20 sec ago
- Travel PHOTOS: Krave Massive Nightclub Opens in Las Vegas 45 min 7 sec ago
- Style Hairy Hose for Hairless Bros? 1 hour 1 min ago
- Marriage Equality Sen. Lisa Murkowski Endorses Marriage Equality 1 hour 35 min ago