The Hot Sheet
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 28 2010 7:35 PM ET
Conviction — Boys Don't Cry actress Hilary Swank stars in another true-life saga as underdog Betty Anne Waters, a working-class high school dropout who puts herself through law school to prove her brother (Sam Rockwell) innocent of murder. Minnie Driver costars as Waters's friend and colleague, while Juliette Lewis steals scenes in a showy supporting turn.
Jackass 3D— Johnny Knoxville, Steve-O, et al, return for the third theatrical release somewhat older but not necessarily wiser for a series of gross-out pranks, this time coming at you in 3-D. The usual homoerotic energy continues unabated as the guys are always willing to whip out their penises or insert things into any orifice in a series of gags that are alternately uproarious and unsettling. Be forewarned: Steve-O's "Poo Cocktail Supreme" might have you running for the exit doors.
Red — Helen Mirren says she studied Martha Stewart for her role as a partially retired black-ops CIA agent who is now living a quiet life of baking and flower arranging in the suburbs. And for that alone, Red is worth seeing. In it she partners with Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, Mary-Louise Parker, and John Malkovich for a more sophisticated than usual action-comedy. As heavy on the laughs as it is on the gunfire, this is one of those rare movies with something everyone in your inner circle might enjoy.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced To Jail 5 min 37 sec ago
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem 2 hours 21 min ago
- Entertainment News Should Brazil Legalize 'Conversion' Therapy? 2 hours 43 min ago
- World News Liberal Australian MP Crosses Aisle In Support of LGBT Nondiscrimination 2 hours 55 min ago
- Women WATCH: Hot Lesbians Don Cowboy Hats, Chaps and Spurs for Cowgirl Up 3:18 PM
- Pride PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine 3:02 PM
- World News Brazil Lawmakers Legalize 'Ex-Gay' Therapy 2:58 PM