The Hot Sheet
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 28 2010 7:35 PM ET
Psycho — Norman Bates, the movies' creepiest mama's boy–hotelier, has been unsettling film buffs for five decades. Alfred Hitchcock's most celebrated achievement has been remastered for its debut on Blu-ray, and while diluted somewhat by countless pale imitations, it still retains much of its chilling power, as does Anthony Perkins's justifiably iconic portrayal as Bates. Extras include audio commentary from film historian Stephen Rebello, documentaries about the film, Hitchcock's legacy, and a storyboard for the still-shocking shower scene.
Rocky Horror Picture Show — Celebrate the 35th anniversary of the cult film about moviegoers' favorite sweet alien transvestite with this much-an-tic-i-pated premiere on Blu-ray that's laden with bonus features including audio commentaries, deleted scenes, alternate endings, music videos, and documentaries chronicling the timeless appeal of "Time Warp" and and other iconic scenes.
The Mentalist: The Complete Second Season — One of many hot Aussies to find success stateside, Simon Baker, who gave one of his best performances in the gay dramedy Book of Love, is a breakout in the title role, a former con psychic who uses his skills to help the California Bureau of Investigation fight crime. Gay fave Robin Tunney plays his sidekick, and the second season makes clear that The Mentalist is one of the smarter shows on television.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown