The Hot Sheet
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 01 2010 7:30 AM ET
Tiger Suit by K.T. Tunstall — Tunstall must have locked herself in the studio with some late-’80s Stevie Nicks while creating Tiger Suit, because that’s exactly who she’s channeling on the opening track, “Uummannaq Song.” The rest of the CD has a decidedly more dance vibe, with Tunstall’s Scottish lilt serving the music well. Nothing here is as catchy as her early hit “Black Horse and the Cherry Tree,” but for music to make the car ride go quicker, it ain’t half bad.
Life Is Good EP by Jason Mraz — Pop-rocker Jason Mraz has decided to tide fans over with a five-song EP as he readies his next full-length studio album. Mraz — who has spent much of his career advocating for gay rights — really connects with his inner singer-songwriter on these five tracks, songs recorded on his concert tour last year. But the highlight here is his cover of the reggae-infused "Freedom Song." Mraz's relaxed vibe is a perfect fit for this feel-good track.
- Kim Davis vs. the Internet
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- Meet the Trans Man and Pansexual Woman Married by Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis
- Fox Soars from 'Failing' to 'Excellent' in GLAAD Report