The Hot Sheet
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 01 2010 7:30 AM ET
Tiger Suit by K.T. Tunstall — Tunstall must have locked herself in the studio with some late-’80s Stevie Nicks while creating Tiger Suit, because that’s exactly who she’s channeling on the opening track, “Uummannaq Song.” The rest of the CD has a decidedly more dance vibe, with Tunstall’s Scottish lilt serving the music well. Nothing here is as catchy as her early hit “Black Horse and the Cherry Tree,” but for music to make the car ride go quicker, it ain’t half bad.
Life Is Good EP by Jason Mraz — Pop-rocker Jason Mraz has decided to tide fans over with a five-song EP as he readies his next full-length studio album. Mraz — who has spent much of his career advocating for gay rights — really connects with his inner singer-songwriter on these five tracks, songs recorded on his concert tour last year. But the highlight here is his cover of the reggae-infused "Freedom Song." Mraz's relaxed vibe is a perfect fit for this feel-good track.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Travel PHOTOS: Krave Massive Nightclub Opens in Las Vegas 5 min 2 sec ago
- Style Hairy Hose for Hairless Bros? 21 min 54 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Sen. Lisa Murkowski Endorses Marriage Equality 55 min 14 sec ago
- Style WATCH: How to Dress For Summer 1 hour 51 sec ago
- Fitness A Workout Especially for HIV-Positive People 1 hour 33 min ago
- Music Austra's Summer Soundtrack 1 hour 46 min ago
- Books James Franco's A California Childhood: Win Signed Copy 1 hour 53 min ago