The Hot Sheet
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 01 2010 6:30 AM ET
Tiger Suit by K.T. Tunstall — Tunstall must have locked herself in the studio with some late-’80s Stevie Nicks while creating Tiger Suit, because that’s exactly who she’s channeling on the opening track, “Uummannaq Song.” The rest of the CD has a decidedly more dance vibe, with Tunstall’s Scottish lilt serving the music well. Nothing here is as catchy as her early hit “Black Horse and the Cherry Tree,” but for music to make the car ride go quicker, it ain’t half bad.
Life Is Good EP by Jason Mraz — Pop-rocker Jason Mraz has decided to tide fans over with a five-song EP as he readies his next full-length studio album. Mraz — who has spent much of his career advocating for gay rights — really connects with his inner singer-songwriter on these five tracks, songs recorded on his concert tour last year. But the highlight here is his cover of the reggae-infused "Freedom Song." Mraz's relaxed vibe is a perfect fit for this feel-good track.
- Women WATCH: Idina Menzel's Female Empowerment Anthem from Frozen 4 min ago
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: What's the Next Hot Destination? 51 min 40 sec ago
- Internet WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas? 1 hour 21 min ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Glenn Beck Has Gay Friends, So He's Not Intolerant 1 hour 26 min ago
- Women Op-ed: Remembering Mandela 2 hours 7 min ago
- Marriage Equality Illinois Family Institute Compares Marriage Equality to Junk Food 2 hours 50 min ago
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts UPDATED: 2 hours 50 min ago