The Hot Sheet
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 05 2010 7:40 AM ET
Mariah Carey: "Oh Santa!" — Well, it’s no “All I Want for Christmas is You,” but Mariah Carey is completely in her element with her newly released original Christmas song, “Oh Santa!” Time will tell if this tune has what it takes to become a Christmas classic, but in the music video, the singer takes it back to the heyday of Radio City Music Hall — complete with backup singers, dancers, and that fur-lined Santa dress she made famous all those years ago. Get into the spirit early, Mimi-style. Watch the video below.
Natasha Bedingfield: "Strip Me" — Considering Natasha Bedingfield’s latest single, “Strip Me,” has been playing over the trailer to the Diane Keaton–Rachel McAdams flick Morning Glory since summer, it’s doubtful she wrote it with the It Gets Better campaign in mind. But the song’s message definitely plays like an equal rights anthem, and coupled with Bedingfield’s predictably strong vocals and a rare music video that replaces sexuality with individuality, it’s a catchy, surefire hit. Watch the video below.
The Songs of Scott Alan: What I Wanna Be When I Grow Up — New York–based songwriter Scott Alan knows how to write a Broadway power ballad (as he does with much success on the songs “Not Quite Ready Yet to Grieve” and “Anything Worth Holding on To”). But he’s also a master lyricist, and the songs span genre and emotion (“I Wish,” sung by Idol alum Diana DeGarmo here, is easily one of the collection’s most earnestly perky tunes, while “Over the Mountains, as sung by Bobby Steggert, packs a heavy emotional wallop) and linger long after they finish. On this, his third collection of tunes, Alan is at his most confident and establishes himself as a songwriter to keep your eye on. Watch Steggert’s performance below and buy the CD here.
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW
- Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah 1 hour 47 min ago
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions 1 hour 51 min ago
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop Dolan to NFL Hopeful Michael Sam: 'Bravo' UPDATED: March 08 2014 6:04 PM