The Hot Sheet
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 12 2010 8:45 AM ET
The Kids Are All Right — Lisa Cholodenko's courageous, uncompromising third feature, about a lesbian couple (Annette Bening and Julianne Moore, both perfect) who find their family even more complicated than they imagined when their children track down their sperm donor (Mark Ruffalo, irresistible), is the director's most accessible and richly textured work yet. The DVD/Blu-ray offers an audio commentary from Cholodenko as well as three featurettes about the making of the hit film.
Watch an exclusive clip from a making-of featurette below.
Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child — Director and friend Tamra Davis centers her documentary on the life of artist Basquiat on a rare interview with him from more than 20 years ago, spliced together with interviews from those who knew him best. From his rise to “rock star status” in the early ’80s to his friendship with Andy Warhol to his sudden death from a heroin overdose in 1988, Davis goes inside the mind of this tragic talent ... one taken at far too young an age.
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- Minister to LGBT People: Thanks for Making Me More Antigay
- Folk Singer Janis Ian: Bill Cosby Blackballed Me From TV as a Teen
- The 13 Biggest Trolls in Media