The Hot Sheet
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 12 2010 7:45 AM ET
The Kids Are All Right — Lisa Cholodenko's courageous, uncompromising third feature, about a lesbian couple (Annette Bening and Julianne Moore, both perfect) who find their family even more complicated than they imagined when their children track down their sperm donor (Mark Ruffalo, irresistible), is the director's most accessible and richly textured work yet. The DVD/Blu-ray offers an audio commentary from Cholodenko as well as three featurettes about the making of the hit film.
Watch an exclusive clip from a making-of featurette below.
Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child — Director and friend Tamra Davis centers her documentary on the life of artist Basquiat on a rare interview with him from more than 20 years ago, spliced together with interviews from those who knew him best. From his rise to “rock star status” in the early ’80s to his friendship with Andy Warhol to his sudden death from a heroin overdose in 1988, Davis goes inside the mind of this tragic talent ... one taken at far too young an age.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet