The Hot Sheet
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 19 2010 8:45 AM ET
Public Speaking — Despite her paltry output, gay writer Fran Lebowitz has a dedicated following thanks to her collections of essays like Metropolitan Life and Social Studies and being a fixture among New York's literati for decades. This feature-length Martin Scorsese–directed documentary, which catches Lebowitz walking around the city, holding court at the Waverly Inn, and delivering her acerbic bons mots, preserves her urbane wit and peculiar wisdom. It premieres on HBO November 22 at 10 p.m.
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: CNN's Cooper, Lemon Explore Their Roots in Special Program
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Op-ed: How The Way He Looks Will Open Your Eyes