The Hot Sheet
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 24 2010 2:50 PM ET
Sherlock — The BBC’s modern take on Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes doesn’t pack quite the same homoerotic tension as Guy Ritchie’s reimagining, but Holmes (Benedict Cumberbatch) and Watson (Martin Freeman) have an Odd Couple-like rapport that makes for an enjoyable TV experience. Director Paul McGuigan (Push) crafts a fast-paced, highly stylish pilot, and though seeing Holmes amid a sea of cell phones is a bit jarring at first, it’s quality BBC TV at its best.
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Leslie Jordan: I Threw 'Sweet Iced Tea, Not Coffee' in Starbucks Fight
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox