The Hot Sheet
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 10 2010 8:00 AM ET
A Christmas Story: The Musical! — You’ll shoot your eye out if you’re near Seattle and miss this sweet stage adaptation of the beloved 1940s-set holiday classic — based on the stories of radio humorist Jean Shepherd — at the 5th Avenue Theatre, a pre-Broadway stop for hit shows like Hairspray and Shrek. Clarke Hallum couldn’t be cuter as Ralphie Parker, a bullied misfit who wants a BB gun from Santa. And Peter Billingsley, who played Ralphie in the 1983 movie, is a producer!
The Graduate — Here’s to you again, Mrs. Robinson! Yes, L.A. Theatre Works is trying to seduce you with this one-weekend presentation at the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles. Terry Johnson’s stage adaptation of the coming-of-age novel and film stars Brothers & Sisters cutie Matthew Rhys and Serial Mom’s Kathleen Turner, who reprise the iconic roles — innocent Benjamin Braddock and lecherous Mrs. Robinson — that they created in London’s West End in 2000.
Sunset Boulevard — An exciting new environmental staging of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Tony-winning showbiz musical noir, based on Billy Wilder’s 1950 film classic, is ready for its close-up at the Signature Theatre in Arlington, Va. Director Eric Schaeffer has transformed the entire space to look like a Paramount Studios backlot, and the divine Florence Lacey, best known as the last Eva Peron in Broadway’s Evita, takes on tragically faded actress Norma Desmond. Lindsay who?
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- 10 Snarky Quotes That Will Make You Miss Michael Kors on Project Runway
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: One Day in Big Gaylarious America 2 hours 43 min ago
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous 6:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior 5:00 AM
- Parenting Nonprofit Serves Up Resource to Answer LGBT Parents' Questions 5:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM