BY Advocate.com Editors
December 17 2010 9:00 AM ET
Best Night of My Life, Jamie Foxx — He claims to be so straight that he “could eat pizza in a male shower and not feel anything,” but the drag-friendly In Living Color alum has frequently expressed appreciation for his gay fans. Blame it on the alcohol or a certain nude photo scandal, but we’ll gladly return the favor on his fourth album. Ditching auto-tune, tracks like “Winner” with Justin Timberlake bring the party as promised.
Kandi Koated, Kandi — Because this is her first album since her 2000 debut, former Xscape singer Kandi Burruss is better known nowadays from Bravo’s Real Housewives of Atlanta and for penning costar Kim Zolciak’s “Tardy for the Party.” But syrupy slow jams like sassy lead single “Leave U” may remind listeners that she’s also the celebrated songwriter behind TLC’s “No Scrubs” and Destiny’s Child’s “Bills, Bills, Bills.”
No Boys Allowed, Keri Hilson — Like Kandi, Keri Hilson wrote hits for other artists until Timbaland’s “The Way I Are” and her 2009 debut gave her a voice — and gorgeous looks to match. Her sexually confident sophomore record is anchored by two catchy female-empowerment anthems: a “One Night Stand” with Chris Brown and the retro-peppy “don’t hate me ’cause I’m beautiful” single “Pretty Girl Rock.” Gay boys are allowed.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 36 min 33 sec ago
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo May 22 2013 10:00 PM
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper May 22 2013 9:00 PM
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? May 22 2013 8:15 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship May 22 2013 7:03 PM
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy May 22 2013 7:01 PM
- Internet WATCH: The First AIDS Generation in Giant Town Hall May 22 2013 6:16 PM