BY Advocate.com Editors
December 17 2010 9:00 AM ET
Best Night of My Life, Jamie Foxx — He claims to be so straight that he “could eat pizza in a male shower and not feel anything,” but the drag-friendly In Living Color alum has frequently expressed appreciation for his gay fans. Blame it on the alcohol or a certain nude photo scandal, but we’ll gladly return the favor on his fourth album. Ditching auto-tune, tracks like “Winner” with Justin Timberlake bring the party as promised.
Kandi Koated, Kandi — Because this is her first album since her 2000 debut, former Xscape singer Kandi Burruss is better known nowadays from Bravo’s Real Housewives of Atlanta and for penning costar Kim Zolciak’s “Tardy for the Party.” But syrupy slow jams like sassy lead single “Leave U” may remind listeners that she’s also the celebrated songwriter behind TLC’s “No Scrubs” and Destiny’s Child’s “Bills, Bills, Bills.”
No Boys Allowed, Keri Hilson — Like Kandi, Keri Hilson wrote hits for other artists until Timbaland’s “The Way I Are” and her 2009 debut gave her a voice — and gorgeous looks to match. Her sexually confident sophomore record is anchored by two catchy female-empowerment anthems: a “One Night Stand” with Chris Brown and the retro-peppy “don’t hate me ’cause I’m beautiful” single “Pretty Girl Rock.” Gay boys are allowed.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet