BY Brandon Voss
January 07 2011 3:00 PM ET
10. THEATER: Ken Roht's Same-O, A 99¢ Only Electric Ballad
An annual cult-favorite that runs through January 30 at the progressive Bootleg Theater in Los Angeles, this year's 99-cent production — all the crazy costumes are made out of 99¢ Only merchandise and recycled paper products by Ann Closs-Farley, costume designer for Broadway’s The Pee-wee Herman Show — is a sexy, stunning, surreal musical extravaganza about Eddie and Fred, two wildly different young men who wind up getting married.
9. DVD: The Social Network and Piranha
They might just be the best and the worst movie of the year, and they’re both out on DVD January 11. Blink and you’ll miss Patrick Mapel as gay Facebook cofounder Chris Hughes, one of Mark Zuckerberg’s roommates, in The Social Network. But you can’t miss the hot underwater lesbian action between Piranha’s Kelly Brook and Riley Steele wearing nothing but flippers — which just topped Mr. Skin’s annual list of cinematic nude scenes.
8. BOOK: The Boys & the Beach, Max-Arthur Mantle
Available exclusively at Blurb.com, this impressive first photo book by Miami-based photographer Max-Arthur Mantle — whose work has appeared in and on the covers of magazines like Blue, DNA, and Instinct — celebrates the sun-kissed flesh of more than 50 diverse male models shot on location in Miami Beach between 2005 and 2010. The boys, including cover model Paul Hanschke, exude radiant personalities to match their muscles.
- From Jail, Kim Davis Still Refuses to Issue Marriage Licenses
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- The Best (and Worst) Tweets About Kim Davis
- Mo. Trans Student's Bathroom Struggle Is History Repeating Itself
- Op-ed: Kim Davis Deserves Criticism But Not for Her Looks
- Judge Denies Divorce, Blames Marriage Equality