BY Brandon Voss
January 07 2011 3:00 PM ET
7. CD: For Good, Denise Rosner
As a straight soloist in the choir of the Metropolitan Community Church of New York, a spiritual home for queer Christians, Rosner recorded this compilation — available at LilyProductions.com — to benefit MCCNY Homeless Youth Services at Sylvia’s Place, an emergency shelter for homeless LGBTQI youth. To celebrate the release, a charity concert January 12 and 13 at New York’s Laurie Beechman Theatre will also benefit the cause.
6. THEATER: Daddy
Reprising the plum role he created off-Broadway, out CSI and BearCity star Gerald McCullouch stars in the West Coast premiere of Dan Via’s taut and thoughtful drama, which opens January 8 at Hollywood’s Hudson Mainstage. McCullouch plays Colin, a gay columnist with a thing for young guys. When his suspicious friend uncovers a dirty secret about Colin’s volatile 21-year-old lover, audiences will pick their jaws up off the floor.
5. CD: First Things Last, Lance Horne
Available January 11, the debut recording from this out Emmy-winning composer-pianist-vocalist features musical theater–tinged original compositions with sparkling guest vocals by Alan Cumming, Cheyenne Jackson, Lea DeLaria, Ricki Lake, Meow Meow, and more. Horne, who has performed with the likes of Adam Lambert and Jake Shears, celebrates the release with all-star concerts in New York and London later this month.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother
- Leslie Jordan: I Threw 'Sweet Iced Tea, Not Coffee' in Starbucks Fight