It's official: Eminem and Elton John will duet at Grammys
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 09 2001 1:00 AM ET
Mitchell Fink of the New York Daily News reported Thursday that controversial rapper Eminem and openly gay pop legend Sir Elton John will perform together at the Grammy Awards on February 21. Eminem will perform Stan, his hit song about an unhinged fan, with Sir Elton taking over the parts that Dido sings on the album version. Eminem has been the target of gay activists in the United States (the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation plans to picket him at the awards ceremony) and the United Kingdom (security has been tightened at all of Eminems sold-out shows due to fear of demonstrations from British gay rights group OutRage!) for the lyrical content of his hit album The Marshall Mathers LP. Sir Elton told Interview magazine last year that he thinks Eminem is brilliant.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Ex-BYU Student Assaulted, Evicted After Coming Out
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'