Popular actresses acknowledge fan base
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 19 2001 12:00 AM ET
Tammy Lynn Michaels and Leslie Grossmanwho play Nicole Julian and Mary Cherry, respectively, on the canceled WB show Popularconfided in an interview with TV Guide Online that they knew which demographic succumbed to their charms. While the show didnt attract enough teen viewers to keep it on the air, Michaels notes that, due to the inherent camp of the constantly spatting characters, the gay men love Nicole and Mary Cherry. Were the next best thing to drag queens. She elaborates, Nicole is a bitch who is really witty and has no censorship [of herself], and Mary Cherry...shes just out of her mind.
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: The 8 Most Hateful Things Texas Lawmakers Said Monday
- WATCH: Texas B&B Boots Gay Couple, Gets Banned From Airbnb
- Op-ed: The Dire State of Louisiana LGBTs
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Miss Fame: I've Yet to Leave My 'Beauty Mark'