Popular actresses acknowledge fan base
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 19 2001 12:00 AM ET
Tammy Lynn Michaels and Leslie Grossmanwho play Nicole Julian and Mary Cherry, respectively, on the canceled WB show Popularconfided in an interview with TV Guide Online that they knew which demographic succumbed to their charms. While the show didnt attract enough teen viewers to keep it on the air, Michaels notes that, due to the inherent camp of the constantly spatting characters, the gay men love Nicole and Mary Cherry. Were the next best thing to drag queens. She elaborates, Nicole is a bitch who is really witty and has no censorship [of herself], and Mary Cherry...shes just out of her mind.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- WATCH: StoryCorps Founder Discuss Gay Dad in Inspiring TED Talk
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?