Popular actresses acknowledge fan base
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 19 2001 12:00 AM ET
Tammy Lynn Michaels and Leslie Grossmanwho play Nicole Julian and Mary Cherry, respectively, on the canceled WB show Popularconfided in an interview with TV Guide Online that they knew which demographic succumbed to their charms. While the show didnt attract enough teen viewers to keep it on the air, Michaels notes that, due to the inherent camp of the constantly spatting characters, the gay men love Nicole and Mary Cherry. Were the next best thing to drag queens. She elaborates, Nicole is a bitch who is really witty and has no censorship [of herself], and Mary Cherry...shes just out of her mind.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- WATCH: Stonewall Movie Drops First Trailer
- WATCH: Indiana Town Postpones LGBT Rights Vote Over Confusion