Goldberg, philanthropists to be honored by Project Angel Food
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 14 2001 11:00 PM ET
Variety reports that Project Angel Food, a service that delivers free meals and nutritional counseling to people throughout the Los Angeles County area affected by HIV/AIDS, will be honoring comedian Whoopi Goldberg and philanthropists Robert and Vana Farina at the seventh annual Angel Awards. Goldberg is the cochair of Project Angel Foods 10th anniversary campaign, Robert Farina has provided pro bono communications services, and Vana Farina sits on the organizations board of directors. Previous honorees include Elizabeth Taylor and Judith Light. For information on the awards ceremony, which takes place August 18, call (323) 436-5059 or visit the Project Angel Food Web site at www.angelfood.org.
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- Entertainment News Musto: Tom Daley & Maria Bello Are Bi, Get Used To It 1 hour 42 min ago
- Television WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever! 7:00 AM
- Comedy Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School 6:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: These Couples Prove Love Is Love 5:00 AM
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License December 08 2013 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 December 08 2013 2:15 PM