Goldberg, philanthropists to be honored by Project Angel Food
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 15 2001 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that Project Angel Food, a service that delivers free meals and nutritional counseling to people throughout the Los Angeles County area affected by HIV/AIDS, will be honoring comedian Whoopi Goldberg and philanthropists Robert and Vana Farina at the seventh annual Angel Awards. Goldberg is the cochair of Project Angel Foods 10th anniversary campaign, Robert Farina has provided pro bono communications services, and Vana Farina sits on the organizations board of directors. Previous honorees include Elizabeth Taylor and Judith Light. For information on the awards ceremony, which takes place August 18, call (323) 436-5059 or visit the Project Angel Food Web site at www.angelfood.org.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- RuPaul Slays in New Video 'Modern Love'