Goldberg, philanthropists to be honored by Project Angel Food
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 15 2001 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that Project Angel Food, a service that delivers free meals and nutritional counseling to people throughout the Los Angeles County area affected by HIV/AIDS, will be honoring comedian Whoopi Goldberg and philanthropists Robert and Vana Farina at the seventh annual Angel Awards. Goldberg is the cochair of Project Angel Foods 10th anniversary campaign, Robert Farina has provided pro bono communications services, and Vana Farina sits on the organizations board of directors. Previous honorees include Elizabeth Taylor and Judith Light. For information on the awards ceremony, which takes place August 18, call (323) 436-5059 or visit the Project Angel Food Web site at www.angelfood.org.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Op-ed: Gay People Raising Kids Has Shifted From Downfall to Salvation
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player