Seattle Filmfest awards to Hedwig
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 18 2001 11:00 PM ET
The 27th Seattle International Film Festival distributed its Golden Space Needle awards in six categories, determined by popular audience vote, in a ceremony last weekend. The award for Best Actor went to John Cameron Mitchell for his appearance in Hedwig and the Angry Inch, the musical about the East German rocker with the botched transsexual operation. In the documentary category, Kate Daviss story of the struggle of transsexual Robert Eads as he died of ovarian cancer, Southern Comfort, took first runner-up. For a complete list of award winners, log on to www.seattlefilm.com.
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- PHOTOS: Brazilian Couples Get Married En Masse
- Mass. Lt. Gov. Candidate Backs Marriage Equality; Conservatives Object
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke 33 min 17 sec ago
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square 42 min 11 sec ago
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? 1 hour 24 min ago
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album 2 hours 25 min ago
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS 2 hours 29 min ago
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback 4:10 PM
- Business 13 Classic Companies Top HRC's New Corporate Equality Index 3:49 PM