Seattle Filmfest awards to Hedwig
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 19 2001 12:00 AM ET
The 27th Seattle International Film Festival distributed its Golden Space Needle awards in six categories, determined by popular audience vote, in a ceremony last weekend. The award for Best Actor went to John Cameron Mitchell for his appearance in Hedwig and the Angry Inch, the musical about the East German rocker with the botched transsexual operation. In the documentary category, Kate Daviss story of the struggle of transsexual Robert Eads as he died of ovarian cancer, Southern Comfort, took first runner-up. For a complete list of award winners, log on to www.seattlefilm.com.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- UFC Women's Champ: 'I Wouldn't Refuse' to Fight a Trans Athlete