Seattle Filmfest awards to Hedwig
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 18 2001 11:00 PM ET
The 27th Seattle International Film Festival distributed its Golden Space Needle awards in six categories, determined by popular audience vote, in a ceremony last weekend. The award for Best Actor went to John Cameron Mitchell for his appearance in Hedwig and the Angry Inch, the musical about the East German rocker with the botched transsexual operation. In the documentary category, Kate Daviss story of the struggle of transsexual Robert Eads as he died of ovarian cancer, Southern Comfort, took first runner-up. For a complete list of award winners, log on to www.seattlefilm.com.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014