Seattle Filmfest awards to Hedwig
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 18 2001 11:00 PM ET
The 27th Seattle International Film Festival distributed its Golden Space Needle awards in six categories, determined by popular audience vote, in a ceremony last weekend. The award for Best Actor went to John Cameron Mitchell for his appearance in Hedwig and the Angry Inch, the musical about the East German rocker with the botched transsexual operation. In the documentary category, Kate Daviss story of the struggle of transsexual Robert Eads as he died of ovarian cancer, Southern Comfort, took first runner-up. For a complete list of award winners, log on to www.seattlefilm.com.
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- Is Winnie the Pooh Transgender or Intersex?
- PHOTOS: Jesus Days
- Lesbian Couple Worries Antigay Slur on Google Maps is a Hate Crime
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died
- 90,000-Plus and Counting: Petition to Cancel Duggars' Show Gains Momentum